ABOUT THE PROJECT
The topic of this project is to combat violence and tackle racism, discrimination and intolerance in sports and around (e.g. at sporting events).
The project aims to identify, develop and compile sports-related best practices which optimally contribute to the dissemination of messages of respect, the fight against discrimination and racism and the prevention of all forms of violence in sports.
The project will also promote sports values as a key element for the fight against intolerance, racism and other forms of discrimination, and draw attention to the relevance of sports for an integral development of youngsters.
The overall objective is contribution to decrease violence, racism and discrimination in sport through the implementation of new sports-related best practices dedicated to PE teachers (physical education teachers) and elementary school pupils.
The specific objectives of the action are:
- Development and implementation of measures to tackle violence and racism in sport through eduactional methods across Europe
- Strengthening of the capacity (skills and competencies) of PE teachers for combating violence and tackle racism, discrimination and intolerance in sport
- Strengthening the awareness of key stakeholders (PE teacher, sport associations, local or national sport authorities) about the importance of new measures for combating violence and tackle racism, discrimination and intolerance in sport
- Support inter-cultural dialogue, sense of belonging and participation through key sport competencies values in youth sports and prevent violence, discrimination and intolerance
- Creating a network of experts and organisations to prevent violence in sport
- Raising awareness of elementary school pupils on combating violence and tackle racism, discrimination and intolerance in sport
Project will design a learning methodology oriented to grassroots sports in order to reduce violence, racism and discrimination